Book Discussion: No One Would Listen


For years, I had let this book buried in one of my moving boxes. Tonight, I finally have a chance to read the first few pages, only to discover that this book isn't a fictional thriller that I thought it was when I bought it.  Yes, I remember buying this book from the bookstore while waiting to meet my date there.... This book is actually a non-fiction about a real fraud case that inflicted billions of dollars of losses on a lot of pension funds, (government's included), charities, individual investors, etc. etc.

A few pages in, I had  read that for 9 years, the author had been working with a team to bring the Madoff investment ponzi scheme to the attention of the SEC's attention (a government's wall-street) but failed... So, the old adage that my grandparents always chanted: "Don't depend on the government!" is true.

I have a feeling that this book is going to be very interesting and a better page-turner than the so-called literature fiction (categorized by the book store, and seriously? Literature?) that I am also reading..

If you have read this book, please feel free to share your opinion about it in the comment area below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Best Thing: Book Discussion

Living in Style: Book Discussion

Twitter Power: Book Discussion